Thursday, January 17, 2013

Henry Schaefer - Off to Haiti


I want to see Haiti.  I want to see this school that I have been hearing so much about over the past decade.  I want to see if I can help, if we as a congregation can help.

I think we can.  People who I trust and admire tell me we can.  It seems possible to me that a network of 40 schools throughout the mountains of the rural Haitian countryside, led by folks within the Haiti Education Foundation, could thrive if assisted by partners from the US.  We’ve signed up to be one of those partners and what we’re attempting to do is to bring the Allison school suitable drinking water using techniques and equipment that has been proven successful in this part of the world.  If we can do this, we should.      

I want to see this for myself and I am very excited about the opportunity to travel, work, study, pray and take a leap of faith with Molly, Craig, Lori, Andy, Alec, Travis and all the members of our church. 

Henry Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment