Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do we believe?


John 4:43-54

Do we believe?

“So the father knew it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus said unto him, ‘Thy son liveth’ and himself believed, and his whole house.”
John 4:53 (KJ)

When I was three, I contacted viral encephalitis.  I was a normal, active three year old.  I collapsed on my side, and my mother rushed me to the nearest hospital in Seattle, an hour’s ferry boat ride from where we lived on the Washington peninsula.  My skyrocketing fever put me in a deep coma.  Doctors did all they could, but finally told my parents there was nothing more they could do.  They suggested my parents pray. 

I don’t know how soon, but some time after that, I came out of the coma and started a new lifestyle.  After I became a Christian, I knew it was God who heard the prayers of my parents, family members and friends.  My family believed Jesus would heal me, and he did.  Yes, I bear the evidence of that awful disease, but you know what?  I was completely healed the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior.  I’m not sure what I’m to do here on earth, but everyone has many gifts and talents, that are sometimes overlooked.




Thank you, Lord, for your mercy.  Help me believe when doubts and fears make the path ahead seem dark and scary.  Be a light to my path, and keep me under the shadow of Your wings.  Amen.
Jenny McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment