Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Beg Your Pardon?


John 2:13-22

I Beg Your Pardon?

“After he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this; and they believed the scripture and the word that Jesus had
spoken.”  John 2: 22 (NRSV)
                                                                   
      
I don’t know how the disciples ever understood Jesus.  There had to have been some divine intervention going on.  These were fishermen and regular Joe’s.  They knew the traditions to the extent that all Jews knew them, but they weren’t scholars.

Imagine them saying, “You’re going to rebuild the Jerusalem Temple in three days?  I’d like to see that!”  They never imagined he was talking about himself.  But the probability of either would have been the same.





Heavenly Father, help me to understand Your will for me, and how I can best serve Your plans.

Lori Earls

No comments:

Post a Comment