Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Pharisee and The Sinner


Luke 18: 9-14

The Pharisee and The Sinner

“…for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”  Luke 18:14b

I prayed –
“Thank you, Lord,
for the good life I lead.
Every day I read my Bible and pray.
I attend church regularly.
I give when the offering plate is passed.
I don’t steal or cheat my neighbors.
I’m not lazy or a drunkard
I don’t curse or lose my temper.
Are you pleased with me,
Lord? “

He answered –
“Beware of practicing your piety before others
I have set you an example,
that you should do as I have done to you.
I give you a new commandment,
That you love one another as I have loved you.”

“As you have loved me, Lord?
On the cross You suffered and died for me!
All my good deeds could never be sufficient.”
Humbly, I kneel before your cross and cry,
“God, be merciful to me, a sinner!”




Heavenly Father, forgive my pride and give me a humble spirit, that I may truly be your disciple. Amen.
Mary Jo Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment