Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DOES GOD’S WILL FIT INTO YOUR SCHEDULE?


MARK 3:19b-35
DOES GOD’S WILL FIT INTO YOUR SCHEDULE?

He said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” … “For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 3: 33, 35

I don’t find doing God’s will to be easy. With young children, I often wonder how people have energy to raise four or five children. Life is demanding. Students spend all hours of the night studying and cramming for tests. Parents graduate from being up all night with infants to later running to their kids’ sports, school events, and other events after a full day of work or duties at home. I can’t even think about the teenage years! A retired friend once told me that volunteering can be more work than work!

The RCPC Time and Talent Fair was held recently. I have been in the church choir when I was a child. Yet the idea of volunteering more time with our two busy careers and athletic kids has been daunting. We often have a work or sports commitment nearly every week night. We volunteer for work, community and school events by requirement or necessity. How does God’s Will fit in your life because I doubt God said you should go to church most Sundays, tithe and serve me whenever you can.

Benjamin Franklin once said “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” I believe that God is saying in this passage that it is time to step up to the plate! Although we may fail in our goals to serve him, we first must attempt to serve.

God, please give us the will and energy to serve you. Amen.

~John Moorefield

No comments:

Post a Comment