Wednesday, March 14, 2012

REGRETS


MARK 6:1-13
REGRETS

"The king was deeply grieved; yet out of regard for his oaths and for the guests, he did not want to refuse her."Mark 6:26

Have you ever made a decision you’ve regretted?One that seems to haunt you later on, so that even unrelated items bring the memory right back to you as if it was yesterday?Many of those regretful decisions seem to be made for the wrong reason, and often to please someone else.

King Herod acted without considering the consequences and was forced to keep his word, resulting in the death of John the Baptist, whom he had protected. Too late, he could only regret his hasty promise.

I try to pray for guidance before I make a decision.That allows me to have some time and reflection before I act, and it usually ends with a choice I can live with.

Heavenly Father, in your unfailing wisdom, help me to discern your will for my life.Help me to follow the path that pleases you. Amen

~ Lori Earls

No comments:

Post a Comment