Saturday, March 24, 2012

FAITH


MARK 9:14-29
FAITH

 And He said unto them, ‘’Oh faithless generation, how long will I be with you?  How long will I suffer you?  Bring him unto me.’ ’” Mark 9:19 KJV

We are a faithless generation, just as they were in Jesus’ time.  We worry about economics, war, politics, choosing the right leaders, our health and security, etc.  It is hard for us to see outside the box and get a glimpse of God’s everlasting pity and love. 

When I was in school, one of my teachers didn’t believe I had hearing and vision loss and could no longer read the blackboard or participate in classroom discussions.  Instead, he thought I had psychological problems and insisted I have weekly counseling sessions. 

Later, when I was applying to colleges, the special education teacher in my high school wrote something on my application which gave the college of my choice pause to admit me.  Frustrated, I contacted another teacher who had friends at that college.  He believed in me, and set up a meeting with a professor who would report to the admissions director.  As a result of that interview, I was admitted, and earned my degree.

Sometimes we need the faith of others who believe in us to help us overcome our fears and faithlessness.

Thank you, Lord, that you send people to show us how be faithful when our faith waivers. Amen

~ Jenny McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment