Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LITTLE IMITATORS


MARK 9:42-50
LITTLE IMITATORS

“ ‘And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.’Mark 9:42 – NIV

Children find it easy to believe. Their trust is complete when they are taught by adults. They usually have a firm belief that adults and especially their parents are telling them the truth. They accept whatever they are told.


When I was a child my father , with a laugh, told me the moon was made of cheese. I accepted that without any questions or doubts. After all, the man in the moon needed food.

I was blessed with good parents. If my parents had been bad parents, I still would have believed whatever they said. I would have followed them regardless of their actions.

I don’t think of myself as a person with a lot of influence, yet I know little eyes have watched me. May God teach me how to be a good example.

Dear Lord, help me to be aware that my actions can shape young lives in a positive or negative way. May I imitate you as they imitate me.  Amen

~ Lois Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment