Saturday, March 10, 2012

GO AND TELL


MARK 5:1-20
GO AND TELL

“Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you.” Mark 5:19b (NKJ)

There was a time in my life – I was in my 30s – when I had no job.  My mom, with whom I was living, was between jobs as well.  Money was scarce and we were at a point where our church was helping with our utility bills.  We weren’t sure how we going to make it and spent a lot of time in prayer.  One morning a woman from our church dropped by with lunch!  We were amazed that she had stopped by “out of the blue”!  But after she left, it hit us that we had just seen how God was providing for us. 

Thirty years later I still tell the story of how God fed us when we didn’t know where the next meal was coming from.  We thanked the Lord for that miracle in our lives. That incident was another way that convinced me that God would never leave or forsake me, and that confidence has given me great peace throughout the course of my life.

We are in Lent.  We are contemplating the greatest gift of all – Christ’s ultimate sacrifice for our salvation.  It seems to me that, given the magnitude of the gift, we should….tell our friends!


Lord, help us to be truly thankful for Your gift of salvation, and help us to boldly tell others.  Amen.

~ Deanne Vance

No comments:

Post a Comment