Monday, March 26, 2012

MAN OF THE PEOPLE; EVEN THE CHILDREN, TOO


MARK 9:30-41
MAN OF THE PEOPLE; EVEN THE CHILDREN, TOO

Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” Mark 9:37

My first reaction when I read this was, " Wow, no one got left out". But that is the simple truth. While Jesus was alive, he interacted with every group of people. I mean it didn't matter how many teeth they were missing, or how many diseases they had, or how large or small they were, Jesus had to touch them. That is love; that is love for all. That is not forgetting about someone or some group. That is Jesus Christ loving the world, and all who share it.

Heavenly Father, Lord give us strength to go out on a limb and be someone who is willing to reach out and be with anyone and everyone, no matter who they are or what they bring with them. Amen

~ Alec Travers

No comments:

Post a Comment