Friday, April 6, 2012

Lucy Travers – Faith Statement



I believe in God, the creator of the heavens and the Earth. I believe God is the Alpha and the Omega. He created every person differently. He created me to be a special and unique person. God gave me talents that I can and should use for the good of others and the church. Also, I know that I have flaws and that everyone sins. No one is perfect. I believe that God will forgive me of my sins and give me a fresh start in life. God will always give me a new chance. When, my time is up on this Earth, God is eternal life.

I believe in Jesus Christ son of God the father. I believe that Jesus was sent to this Earth by God as a living example. I believe that God and Jesus are one in the same. I know that I need to try to be like Jesus and follow in his footsteps every day. Jesus has laid down a path and I choose to follow it. I am a disciple of Jesus. I believe that Jesus suffered on the cross and died to save the people from their sins.  I believe that Jesus will reign again and judge the living and the dead. Jesus Christ is the way to eternal life.

I believe in the Holy Spirit. I believe that I am a branch on the vine of Jesus and that the Holy Spirit travels through Jesus and into me. The Holy Spirit helps me grow. I live my life as a branch empowered by the Holy Spirit to do God’s work and to bear much fruit. I know that sin strangles me but that the Holy Spirit is there. As long as I continue to grow with the Holy Spirit I can overcome sin and be with Jesus and God. I am a living advocate of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that I am part of the Body of Christ. I was given a special talent and I need to use it for the good of the Church. I am a ligament of the body and if I do not carry out my function the Church will suffer. As an active member of Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church,  “I need to be an advocate and help others and not be selfish but be self-less. “I need to seek, serve, and show Christ and I need to get to know God through Christ.”

Lastly, I believe that I am a saint. I am called to belong to Christ and I am holy and sanctified. I am a faithful disciple of God. Even when times are tough and I lose my way I know God will help me through. I stand up and then reach my hand out to help others in their journey. My life is through the Holy Trinity father, son, and Holy Spirit forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment