Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Susan Kessler - Statement of Faith



I believe in God the creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is in it.   I belong to God and God knows me and loves me though I am a sinner.  I fall short of what God desires of me and for me, but I know that through God’s grace I am forgiven and loved.  God’s grace and love is never ending. God loved us so much that Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins and that we would have eternal life with him.

I believe that Jesus Christ is God’s son and my Lord and Savior.  God reveled himself to us through his son.  Jesus was truly human and although he was sinless bore our sins so that we might know the reality of God’s love and how we are to love one another. Jesus became our bridge to right our relationship with God. God raised Jesus from the dead to show that his love is more powerful than evil.  Jesus was an amazing teacher and showed us over and over again how much God loves us, and how we are to share that love with others.  Jesus lived a life of compassion and forgiveness.

I believe in the Holy Spirit send by Jesus to be with us, guiding us and calling us to serve God.  The Holy Spirit empowers us to be bold for Jesus and to testify to his love through our actions and words.  I believe that the Bible is an inspired Book and the Holy Spirit worked through those who wrote the Bible.  The Bible is our love letter from God as he yearns to be in relationship with us.  I choose to follow a God who loves me unconditionally and provides an advocate through the Spirit to give me strength to be his follower when I fall short, deny, or stumble.  The Spirit reminds me of God’s grace and forgiveness.

I believe God made us to be in community with one another and that we are called to be his hands and feet.  I believe that we are all gifted to serve our Lord and we should share these gifts in as many ways as we can.  Jesus Christ is the head of the church and it is in this community that we worship, serve, and study.  As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am to bear witness to God’s love for the world by living a life that professes the love Jesus Christ taught us.


No comments:

Post a Comment