Monday, April 9, 2012

Richard Aylor - Faith Statement


Richard Aylor - Faith Statement

I believe that God is the creator of all things and God created humans in God’s own image.  Because of the sinfulness of humans, God gave his only son Jesus Christ, as the ultimate sacrifice so that our sins can be forgiven.

I believe that Jesus is the ultimate role model for Christians.  He was compassionate and humble and lived a life serving others.  I believe that Jesus was both human and divine.  Because he was human, his teachings can relate to us on a personal level.  Even though we can never be perfect like Jesus was, we can always aspire to be like Jesus in every aspect of our lives.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is my guide that continues to keep me on Christ’s path.  Anytime I pull away from Christ and stray from that path, the Holy Spirit pulls me back.  The Holy Spirit makes me realize that without Christ, I am nothing, and with Christ, there are endless possibilities.    

I believe that evil exists in this world in many forms.  We are tempted by evil every day.  In order to resist evil, we must accept that Christ is the light that overcomes the darkness.

Because I am human, I am a sinner.  No matter how much I aspire to become more like Jesus in my everyday life, I will always sin.  I will always be tempted by sin, and because of this, I need God’s grace and forgiveness.  I believe that God is a loving God, and God showed his love for us by sacrificing his only son.  We need God to survive in this world.  We need God for protection from worldly distractions.  I believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all with me in every decision I make.

I believe that, as Christians, we must serve God in everything we do, meaning that we should not just think of God on Sunday, but in every aspect of our lives.  When we think of everything we have as not our own, but God’s, our mindset changes.  We should try and do as Jesus did and humble ourselves by helping others that are less fortunate than us.  I believe that the many blessings we have received are not just for us to keep for ourselves, but to share with others.  By sharing our many gifts, we glorify God and make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment