Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Eternal Life


John 12:20–26

Eternal Life

Those who love their own life will lose it; those who hate their own life in this world will keep it for life eternal.  John 12:25  (Good News)

I’m not sure I love my own life.  There are moments of love and contentment, but I sure would like to walk in someone else’s shoes some days. 

But Jesus isn’t speaking of contentment and happiness here.  I think he’s speaking of agape love.  The kind of unconditional giving that comes with knowing you have made choices in your life that are good for everyone.  The choices that have made someone else’s life easier.

But he is speaking of eternal life here.  When we choose to live our lives with kindness and with caring for strangers and our fellow man, on a regular basis, we are choosing to enter heaven.  And if this is true, then the opposite must be true as well.  If we grumble and are hateful in our lives, by being selfish and sinful, then we will remain so forever. 


Father, thank you for the opportunity to make choices that I can live with.

Lori Earls

No comments:

Post a Comment