Monday, March 25, 2013

Winners and Losers


John 12:9–19

Winners and Losers

“Then the Pharisees said to each other: ‘We’ve lost. Look- the world has gone after Him!’”  John 12: 19  (Living Bible)

Unlike the Pharisees, I can’t think of a time when I’ve felt that I was in competition for friends or people who believed in and supported me. I’ve never been extremely competitive at all which likely accounts for the end of any sports career I might’ve had after tee ball ended. The idea that with every winner comes the loser necessary for their feeling of satisfaction puzzles me.

This passage throws me for a loop because I don’t associate Jesus’ adoration during his entrance as a situation when there could possibly be a loser, but sometimes our perception of a circumstance is distorted by our desires in that moment.


Dear Lord, help me to take a step back from my own agenda to see your plan for my life. Amen

Emily Earls

No comments:

Post a Comment