Friday, March 1, 2013

Honor


John 5:30-47

Honor

No wonder you can’t believe!  For you gladly honor each other but you don’t care about the honor that comes from God alone.  John 5:44 (NLT)

Dear Lord, you know I have times when I ask these questions.  Do you really love me?  Do you care about what happens to me or those I love?  Are you always willing to forgive?  Do you still hear and answer prayer”  Are your promises still effective for us?

Seeking more light, I’ve asked my friends, neighbors, teachers, preachers, and anyone else who listens.  They give me a lot of advice; sometimes they have as many doubts as I do.

All of us want to be loved and honored by others, but all of us tend to try to control each other.  I want to serve you, Lord, but I find my life being shaped by other people.  Where do I turn?

I decide to turn to your book.  These great biblical men and women looked to you for direction.

David was a great warrior, but he asked God to direct his actions.  I can’t imagine Paul asked Luke or Mark what he should do next.  Mary didn’t say to the angel Gabriel, “What will the neighbors say?”.

Jesus said, “Abide in me and ask what you will”.  My heart tells me this is truth.  In abiding we find love, peace, and honor.  What greater honor could we find than having God as our Father.




May we love people and be obedient to God.  Amen.

Lois Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment