Thursday, March 7, 2013

This World


John 8:21–32

This World

“But he continued, ‘You are from below; I am from above.  You are of this world; I am not of this world.’”  John 8:23 (NIV)

I frequently get utterly frustrated by my humanity.  I lose my temper.  I covet other people’s cars and homes and lifestyles.  I worry too much about how other people view me and not enough about whether I am following the path God truly wants me to follow.  Yet, I am blatantly aware of my flaws.  I see them and try to fix them and every day I fail again and again.  I am of this world and often I get caught in the sticky webs of this world- selfishness, anger and greed.  Thankfully, God sent Jesus to save us and to model a higher version of humanity.  Jesus is from above and shows us that we can be more.




Lord, thank you for the gift of your son.  Please help me to look beyond this world and make choices that honor your more perfect vision for humanity.  Also, please forgive me when I fall short of these visions.   Amen.

Wendy Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment